Wednesday, 12 November 2014

October Favourites


Sorry for the really crap picture. I wanted this post to be up as soon as possible once I realised what date it was - we would be into December if I waited any longer. November sneaked up on me without me even realising it. It wasn't until I was scrolling through the blogs I followed and noticed monthly favourites that it was that time again. For some reason, it never even occurred to me (you would think Halloween would be a clue, considering it is the same date every year). But better late than never, eh?

October has been hectic - I am in high demand, I'm telling you. One day, I had three meetings all happening at the one time in completely different areas of the school. Sorry, but that is just not possible. Ahhhh, the joys of being in 6th year. That's enough about school, on to the stuff you are actually here to read about.

Following the release of Youtube extraordinaire Zoe Sugg's pamper line, this was the main thing I wanted to get my hands on. It is every bit as lovely as I hoped it would be. The floral, sweet scent is what I usually go for so it is perfect for me. Think a cheap Marc Jacobs Daisy alternative.

I stopped using this for a while and forget how lovely it actually is. It gives you that 'lit from within' glow that all bloggers are constantly droning on and on about, which is pretty much essential at this time of year when the sun is practically non existent and my days of going out wearing a jacket without a hood are over.

This stuff makes my hair smell good enough to eat! I let my mum try it but she couldn't handle the smell, she said it made her gain a few pounds just from the scent! This smooths down my hair considerably and can be used on wet or dry hair. You have to be really careful with this that you don't add too much as it is a hair oil, but when the correct amount is used, you get fantastic results.

In an attempt to banish the imminent frizz from my hair, I nicked this from my mum and loved it so much that she didn't see it again (sorry mum!). It's great for putting in my hair when it has just been washed to help the curls look a bit sleeker and more defined. It doesn't completely rid my hair of frizz (I don't think anything will ever succeed in that) but it gets closer than anything else I have tried.

This stuff just glides on to your skin so easily. It's not like a lot of The Body Shop ones which you have to rub and rub to get them to sink in, this disappears within seconds of smearing it on, leaving you with lovely, non-greasy skin that is as soft as a baby's bottom. It has a delicious fragrance to it that isn't overpowering, but still lingers for a significant amount of time so you smell good all day long. There are so many different ones to choose from, so the link above will let you have a browse at them all. I really like the sound of the almond one! The best thing about this is just how cheap it actually is. This is just a small size, but I am going straight to Boots when it is finished for the full shabang. 

What have you been loving this October?

4 comments

  1. I'm desperate to try TBS Chocomania oil! It sounds like exactly what my hair needs and I can't even imagine how amazing the scent must be x

    Charlotte / coloursandcarousels

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to try Zoella's product range! I wrote my October Favorites here if you'd like to check it out xx http://zoessecretstyle.blogspot.co.il/2014/10/october-favorites.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's really good! I'll have a look, thanks for the link :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is incredible! I couldn't find it online because I think it is a limited edition thing but I bought mine discounted in a shop not that long ago so maybe have a look in there! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for spending your precious time reading my rambles. Go ahead and leave me a little comment if you like and I will reply to any questions that you may have. Just make sure to check the 'Notify Me' button!


UP