Saturday, 13 December 2014

NEW IN: Bram Stoker's 'Dracula'








Hey guys! Can you believe it is almost Christmas? I am huge fan of the festivities and have been counting down the days for months, and even I can't believe how quickly it has plonked itself at our feet. 12 days and counting! Plus, I turn 17 four days later so it is celebrations all round for me! I ordered my provisional driving licence a couple of nights ago - eek.

I say 'new in' but this post has been sitting in my drafts and been on my to-do list for a while and this is me just getting around to doing it. There is no other way to start this post other than by saying a huge thank you to Beth for giving me the chance to own this beauty after winning her giveaway. I could pick any Penguin English Library book from this list, and I chose the cult classic, Dracula by Bram Stoker.

I am have just finished reading the Liz Lochhead version in my advanced higher English class at school, and I wanted to see how the original compares. My english teacher has been saying how she doesn't understand why Liz Lochhead rewrote Dracula because it is pretty much the same so I am going to put that theory to the test! Dracula is such a classic book that I have always wanted to read so I am glad I am finally getting the chance thanks to the lovely Beth. Unfortunately, I might need to wait till after my exam so that I don't get mixed up with what's in the Liz Lochhead version and what's in Bram Stoker's! The essay would be so difficult to write. June, please hurry up!

Also, may I just add, how gorgeous is the cover? It looks so pretty sitting pride of place in my bookcase. I want more from the Penguin English Library to start a collection of them! I feel very smart because I own this book. Is that sad? I think it is.

So tell me, are you as excited for Christmas as I am? (I'm not sure if it is possible but you can try.)

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for spending your precious time reading my rambles. Go ahead and leave me a little comment if you like and I will reply to any questions that you may have. Just make sure to check the 'Notify Me' button!


UP