Wednesday, 31 December 2014

What I Got For Christmas 2014/My 17th Birthday


I know there is often a bit of stigma attached to posts about what you received as gifts at Christmas but as I am genuinely interested in seeing what other people got, I don't see why I shouldn't show you lot too! Keep in mind this is not me showing off or bragging what I got, I just know that, like me, some of you enjoy this type of thing. Personally, I have read every single post like this that has appeared on my computer screen so that is a good enough reason for me to write it! Christmas really isn't about how much people spend on gifts, it is about the thought behind them and the reason that they bought it for you. It's nice to have someone think of you at this time and buy you a gift that they know you will love. It is the though that counts after all, right? Not only has it been Christmas in my household, it was also my 17th birthday on the 29th of December. I really am a lucky girl getting all these presents at once. I love every single present that I was given this year. Usually there is one or two things that you think, 'Mmmm, I wonder if I will ever actually use this,' but that is not the case for me this year. Either my family and friends know me really well and can pick good presents or I am just a very predictable person...


Santa was very good to me this year and gave me an array of lovely presents. The main thing I got was a new laptop as my last one was on its last leg - the power button was even sellotaped on, that's when you know you need a new laptop. I am in love with my new one, especially the colour of it, although it is taking me a little bit of getting used to with a new layout. Plus my old laptop was a little netbook so it is so strange going from a teeny little screen to one that now feels huuuuuge!


My mum also bought me the Urban Decay Naked 2 palette, proving just how well she knows me because I have barely mentioned it to her yet she still chose my favourite out of the three. I have used it every day since and it is just as beautiful as I expected it to be. Full review coming soon I promise!


My friends got my this blue/grey clutch bag from River Island because I have been going on for ages about how I only own one and it is black. Isn't it pretty? It's a nice size without being too big and the colour will go with a lot of things because it isn't quite blue or grey, it's a mixture of the two.


I love the classic flannel button up pyjamas and my mum (I say my mum because my dad had nothing to do with the present picking apart from helping to fund it...) bought me this super lovely penguin ones from Debenhams. They are the cosiest and comfiest pjs I have ever owned.


I love Liz Earle skin care and so, along with a new Cleanse & Polish and Skin Tonic because I had run out of them, I was given the exfoliator which I have never tried before. First impressions are really good and I think I am going to really love it. I have yet to try something by Liz Early which I don't like.


Again proving how much my mother knows me, I received the Zoella Beauty body lotion and makeup bag. The body lotion smells absolutely divine and leaves me feeling as soft as a baby's bottom and the makeup bag is so bloody cute. I keep all my daily makeup in a bag separate from my collection so this is going to be my new storage space for it.


My sister bought me this beautiful charm for my Pandora bracelet. I don't see her very often as she lives in America so something this size was really easy for her to post, and I absolutely love it. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside when I get things that say 'sister' or 'daughter' or something on it. Is that weird? The star one to its right is also new from Santa. Oooh I love getting new charms!


These beautiful earrings are from my two best friends, are they not just the prettiest things you have ever seen? A lot of big earrings are really heavy but these aren't so they are so comfortable to wear. I love em.


I also got some CDs because I still like having the physical copy of music rather than just a downloaded version on my ipod. Speaking of music, I AM GOING TO SEE THE VAMPS. I was totally not expecting to get this but boy am I happy that I did. I absolutely adore those boys (not only because they look good, they can actually sing too...) and I can't wait to go see them live with my friend who also got a ticket. I am swooning already at the thought of seeing them in person, even if I will be several, several metres away...

I also got the usual money and whatnot from family because people never really know what to get me for both my Christmas and my birthday, not that I am complaining. I also got a voucher to get my nails done which I am very excited about. Shellac update: Still going strong after two weeks on my nails! See this post here. I'm also getting driving lessons for my birthday so I am just patiently waiting on my provisional to arrive so I can start them. I have a feeling I am going to be an awful driver, I definitely do not have the necessary co-ordination...

I am so grateful for every present that I received and had a truly lovely Christmas and birthday. I hope you all had a lovely festive period too! If you did a post on what you got for Christmas, feel free to leave a link to it below, I'd love a nosy!!

Hope you all have a lovely night of celebrations to bring in 2015 in just a few short hours!

2 comments

  1. Hope you had a great birthday and Christmas. That Pandora charm is so sweet, what a thoughtful gift. Great choice of albums too. Happy new year! :)

    http://IAmLinderella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I know, I really love it and I have been listening to the music non stop since I got it. Happy new year to you too! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for spending your precious time reading my rambles. Go ahead and leave me a little comment if you like and I will reply to any questions that you may have. Just make sure to check the 'Notify Me' button!


UP