Wednesday, 21 January 2015

Change

Change. You either love it or you hate it. It can bring fresh, exciting new opportunities just waiting to be experienced, or it can bring sadness, darkness and pain. Whether we like it or not, change is inevitable and we can't always see it coming. It might just spring on us one day, totally unexpected, and the world shifts. Or, it can be gradual. Little things changing each day and then, bam! Life is different in every way possible.

I'm not change's biggest fan. I like things to stay exactly where they are, no surprises. Unfortunately, I have reached that point in my life where I can't do anything about the major shift that looms ahead. In just a few short months, I leave school for good and get launched out into the big bad world, kicking and screaming. Then, in September, it's time to move away from home and start fresh at university. I feel like I am simultaneously ready and totally unprepared. I don't want to live in a totally different city to the people who I have spent over 6 hours a day with, Monday to Friday, since I was five years old and had my very first day of school. It's weird to think about. Although, I suppose it provides me with a clean slate. I can reinvent myself into whoever I want to be. The new cool, sophisticated and outgoing me. 

I don't know if I am quite ready to say goodbye to High School Holly and hello to City Holly. City Holly just isn't who I am. At least not yet.

Side note: My handwriting looks so very swish, don't you think? Bravo, Holly.


- Holly
Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin

You can now buy cheap advertising space in my sidebar for your blog or small shop. See here for more info and to buy a slot for February! Prices start from £1.50.

4 comments

  1. Sometimes change is scary and often overwhelming, but more often than not it is just what we need. Like you, I'm not always the biggest fan of change, but circumstances of late have me believing it can be a very good thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to hear it, I hope that the changes in my life that are happening soon make me feel the same way! Thanks for the encouragement :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Usually, I like change - it depends though what it is.. Good luck with your move to the big bad world ha!


    ZoesSecretStyle.blogspot.co.il

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, I'll let you know how it goes! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for spending your precious time reading my rambles. Go ahead and leave me a little comment if you like and I will reply to any questions that you may have. Just make sure to check the 'Notify Me' button!


UP