Saturday, 3 January 2015

Favourite Blogs of 2014

I had read a lot of blogs over the past year, both old and new, and I couldn't be happier with the ones I found. Throughout 2014, blogging has become a bigger part of my life and I barely go a day without scrolling through my feed to see what my favourite bloggers have been posting. I cart a notebook around in my handbag at all times in case I think of an idea for a blog post or a particular line that I really like and want to put in somewhere. If for some reason I forget to bring it, the notes section on my phone really comes in handy.

Although there have been many, many blogs that I have laid eyes on this year, there are some which I read religiously and rarely miss a post and those are the ones I would like to share with you today. I am all for sharin' the love, after all.


FASHION

The Little Magpie: I absolutely adore her style and she just makes everything look so effortless and cool. She is very photogenic when it comes to taking outfit photos (which are always incredible.

The Lovecats Inc: Helen has an amazing fashion sense, I love that she wears sunglasses all year round! She also does some pretty fab beauty posts too, making her an all round great blogger with some versatility in her writing.

What Olivia Did: These are just the prettiest photos I have ever seen on a blog! She has a real gift when it comes to photography (as does whoever it is that takes her outfit photos). As well as being absolutely stunning, she is always so well dressed and her girly style really appeals to me.


BEAUTY

Hello October: Suzie seems like a genuinely lovely person and I love her youtube channel equally as much as I do her blog. Her photography skills are something that I can only aspire to achieve one day and her writing style is so laid back and enjoyable to read. She has that talent that only a few bloggers have that when she mentions a product that she loves, I instantly want to go out and buy it.

Ghostparties: What is with all these blogs and their amazing photographs? Kate is no different and if she wasn't one of my favourite bloggers because of her beauty and skincare reviews, she would be on that list because of her amazing knack for interior design. Wowza, does she have a beautiful home.

Lipgloss & Lashes: This has been a firm favourite of mine for many a month. I love how in-depth her reviews are so you know exactly what she thinks of a product, rather than just a light glossing over and a short post like a lot of bloggers tend to do. I like to know a lot of info about a product before I buy it so I often hop over to Becky's blog to see if she has reviewed it. Her blog helped me to decide which would be my very first MAC lipstick!


BOOKS

Water Painted Dreams: Hayley and I both like similar genres so I always look to her when I am in the mood for buying a new book. I love her reviews and how much details she gives, her posts always make me want to read even more books than I already do! I highly recommend checking her blog out if you love to read.

Alphabeth: This is another good all-rounder but I love her book posts in particular, although she doesn't do them very often. I am very grateful to Beth because it was her giveaway that I won that granted me with the opportunity to own a beautiful copy of Bram Stoker's 'Dracula'!


THE THOUGHT-PROVOKING ONE

The Persephone Complex: Written by a girl who is also named Holly, this blog is one that never fails to amaze me every time I read it. Holly always manages to really capture my interest and make me think about things in ways which I never have before. Yes, she does the odd beauty post but it is her other posts which really sets her apart from the others and she is fast becoming one of my ultimate favourite bloggers. She deserves a lot of credit for her work. Recently, I have been loving her posts on Christmas: Expectation Vs Reality and Being Watched Online: What Happens When You Write For Others. If you are going to start by reading any of her posts, I recommend those too.

What blogs have you been loving this past year?

Disclaimer: All photos taken from the corresponding blog.

If you would like to help me with any future improvements on holly la beau, please click here to complete my quick blog survey.

6 comments

  1. MollyRose O'Donnell6 January 2015 at 06:46

    I was wondering, by any chance do you have a goodreads account? If you don't, I highly recommend it, and I'd love to add you as a friend!

    MollyRose, x x x 「mori-ro-zu.blogspot.co.uk」

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I do! Here's the link to my profile :) https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/34949357-holly

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also love the little magpie and hello october so your other recommendations were perfect! I also can't wait to check out the persephone complex, I really enjoy blogs that offer something a little different :) Thanks for the recs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you like my choices! I highly recommend the persephone complex, quickly becoming one of my most-read blogs :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Charlotte Greenhalgh11 January 2015 at 22:12

    I love the blogs you have mentioned! :) I am a big fan of Ghostparties her content and photos are amazing :) Deffo going to check out the links :)

    Charlee XO | CharmedCharlee

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am constantly jealous of the photography on Ghostparties. Glad the links are your taste, hope you like them! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for spending your precious time reading my rambles. Go ahead and leave me a little comment if you like and I will reply to any questions that you may have. Just make sure to check the 'Notify Me' button!


UP