Friday, 2 January 2015

New Year Makeup Ft. the Naked 2 Palette







To celebrate the beginning of a new year (and a fun-filled, event-packed one at that), my friends and I had a small gathering at one of their houses and I have honestly not laughed that much in a long time. It is times like that that are really quite invaluable and precious, I need to appreciate them more.

Obviously I wanted to dress up a bit for the night and I really liked how my makeup looked so I thought you might like to see it. I used my new Naked 2 palette that I got for Christmas (see here) but only used 'Chopper' all over my lid for a little more subtle look but because it is quite shimmery, it still looked pretty and party-appropriate. Because I went a little more natural on the eyes, I went all out with a brighter lip to match my top. You don't hear many people talk about the Revlon Lip Butters any more but they are still one of my favourite lipstick lines that I have ever tried. They are so smooth and pigmented and just gorgeous. 

Did you all have a good hogmanay/new year?

Makeup used:
Estee Lauder Double Wear All-Day Glow BB Cream
Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder
Maybelline FIT Me Concealer
Bare Minerals SPF20 Concealer
Soap & Glory Solar Powder
Soap & Glory Love At First Blush
Urban Decay Naked 2 'Chopper'
Soap & Glory Thick & Fast Mascara
Benefit Brow Zings
Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter 'Candy Apple'


If you would like to help me with any future improvements on holly la beau, please click here to complete my quick blog survey.

8 comments

  1. Wow, you look soo beautiful honey!

    Wish you and your beloved a happy new year, good luck and health!
    xoxo Colli || TOBEYOUTIFUL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy new year! Your makeup looks amazing - so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. holly you are so so pretty oh my goodness! happy new year! xox

    www.hevzibev.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww thank you! Happy new year to you too xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much, happy new year!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww thank you Heather, that's so sweet!! Happy new year :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look gorgeous! Happy New Year :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Sam!! Happy new year to you too xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for spending your precious time reading my rambles. Go ahead and leave me a little comment if you like and I will reply to any questions that you may have. Just make sure to check the 'Notify Me' button!


UP