Sunday, 11 January 2015

Sunday Reflections #1


Ages and ages and ages ago (note the use of three 'ages' - that signifies a very long time), I used to write a Sunday post. I don't think I ever managed to stick to it and probably did it about twice, but I do have a feeling I wrote it at some point. I really love reading these types of posts, especially Hello October's, so I thought it was about time I got back into it myself. I'm not going to do it in a rambly format and speak about anything like Suzie does because, frankly, I'd never get to the end of the post and I would probably struggle to think of what to write. Instead, I will give you a little run down of my week and what I have been loving.

I Wore: School clothes, ugh.. The return of school after the oh-so-enjoyable Christmas holidays was particularly painful, as was the 7am start. Actually, that's a lie. My alarm went off at 7am every day this week yet my feet did not hit the floor before 7.30 once. Whoops.

I Ate: A whole box of Hero's all to myself. Good job healthy eating wasn't part of my new year's resolutions! I also drank A LOT of cups of coffee to get me going in the mornings. My day would not function the way it does without it.

I Watched: Chicago PD and Chicago Fire because they finally returned after a very painful, long break! I particularly enjoyed Chicago PD because the end of the last episode had been left on a right ol' cliffhanger, as they like to do with that programme.

I Read: The Maze Runner by James Dashner and it was fantastic. I do think it maybe started off a bit slow but it really picked up the pace after a few chapters and I ended up loving it. I even gave it five stars on Goodreads.

I Loved: Using my Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette which I got for Christmas. I have used this every single day since I got it, without fail, and have loved each and every look that I have managed to create. Whether it's a smoky eye or just an all over, more subtle colour for school, I loved them all.

I Blogged: I posted three blog posts this week (which is pretty good for me) so here are the links to them all - The Novel Notebook, The Body Shop Born Lippy Lip Balms and The Post-Christmas Spending Ban.

HIGHLIGHT OF THE WEEK: I have two actually. Number one: going to my Primary 1 placement on Friday afternoon and seeing all my fave little kiddies! I go to my local primary school every Friday as part of an optional extra that my school offers called Community Involvement. I haven't seen the little guys since before Christmas so it was really lovely being with 21 five year olds who are all to happy to tell you what they got from Santa. Cuteness. Overload. Number two: I had my first ever driving lesson on Monday!! It was so nerve-wracking but luckily I am still alive and so is my driving instructor. Can't believe I was actually allowed behind the wheel of a car on a main road with no prior knowledge or practise...

Hope you all had a lovely week! Can't get my head round the fact that we are now already over a week into 2015...

Update: I just searched for my old Sunday Posts and apparently I did three in 2012. Three. Seriously, search 'the sunday post' in my search bar on the right and give yourself a good laugh.

If you would like to help me with any future improvements on holly la beau, please click here to complete my quick blog survey.

10 comments

  1. i love the Maze Runner! although i definitely think that the second book is the best in the series. Good look with your driving lessons haha xx


    heather
    www.hevzibev.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh that makes me even more excited to read the next one! Thanks, I need all the luck I can get haha xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice post, i wish i could do three post a week too, xx!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oo I may have to check out The Maze Runner! Hope school hasn't been too bad for you aha!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style, Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been procrastinating, I should be studying for my mock exams at the end of this month but focused on my blog instead! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You definitely should! Thanks haha, it's bearable (but only just!) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh I reaaaally want to read The Maze Runner!! It's going on my list :D xxx

    Little Miss Katy | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yayyy I'm glad I have influenced you haha! hope you like it! The set of all of the books is only £9.99 on theworks.co.uk if you are looking for it xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for spending your precious time reading my rambles. Go ahead and leave me a little comment if you like and I will reply to any questions that you may have. Just make sure to check the 'Notify Me' button!


UP