Sunday, 18 January 2015

Sunday Reflections #2




This whole sunday post thing is going well so far - I have managed to write it two weeks in a row. Let's see how long this lasts, shall we? My prediction is maybe two more and then I will give up... Anyway, looking back on this past week has been a nice way to end today after a monster shift at work. My brain is just mush so apologies for any grammatical errors in this post. I literally can barely function any more. And I am expected to spend the next 5 days at school? Kill me now.

So, this week...

I Wore: My pyjamas. It was definitely PJ weather this week, with all the rain and the wind and the hailstones. Not the kind of weather you choose to go out in. Unfortunately, school is classed as a necessity.

I Ate: A load of very unhealthy food. Healthy eating starts Monday (yeah, right).

I Watched: The Maze Runner movie. I read the book last week and wanted to see how the film version compared. I actually really liked it and I am impressed at the ability of my imagination as turned out exactly as it did in my head when I had been reading the book. There were some slight differences between the book and the movie, but nothing too major.

I Read: The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time. I just finished reading it last night and it was incredible. The story is told from the eyes of a fifteen-year-old boy with Asperger's so it is very different to my normal kind of book, but very interesting and enjoyable nonetheless. I gave it five stars on Goodreads - add me as a friend here!

I Loved: My new header! I was getting a little bit bored of the old one (you know, the three circles each with one word of my blog name) so I thought it was time to have a little change. I really need to find a blog design I like and stick to it, I am forever switching stuff about. What do you think of my new header?

I Blogged: I wrote a review on the new movie based on Stephen Hawking's life, The Theory of Everything and raved about the book, The Maze Runner.

HIGHLIGHT OF THE WEEK: Finding a whole new load of teen blogs to read with the #tbloggers chat on twitter last night. I didn't actually participate in the chat because I totally forgot about it (I WILL remember next week) but I tweeted a link to my blog and asked for other people's. A whole host of people replied with links to their blogs and now my bloglovin feed is a lot fuller - I love it! In particular, I now love Ahem, It's Emme (such a cool blog name) and Mallow Beauty.

- Holly

4 comments

  1. I'm glad I'm not the only one! I purposely didn't make it one of my resolutions to eat healthier because I knew it would never last haha x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Healthy eating can't start any other day except Monday..its practically the law!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know, right?! I'm glad you understand haha! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for spending your precious time reading my rambles. Go ahead and leave me a little comment if you like and I will reply to any questions that you may have. Just make sure to check the 'Notify Me' button!


UP