Monday, 12 January 2015

The Theory Of Everything

From Google Images

Sometimes, you watch a movie and think, 'Yeah, that was alright, wasn't it'. Sometimes, you watch a movie and you think, 'Wow, I am going to be emotionally scarred for days. Will I ever get over it's beauty.' The latter is so very true for The Theory of Everything, the recently released movie based on the life of one Professor Stephen Hawking.

From the moment the movie started, I was in awe of the incredible man that he is. From the diagnosis of his condition to the birth of his children had me an emotional wreck. It does tend to focus more on his life story and his marriage and glosses over his scientific work slightly but would many people have understood that part anyway? I'm not sure how factually accurate the whole things is - I am sure there are exaggerated parts and other parts which may not have happened at all - but Hawking has described it as 'broadly true'. 

Never have I seen an actor better portray a real life person in a more incredible and extraordinary manner. Eddie Redmayne - you, my man, deserve an Oscar. His interpretation of the disease was so incredibly believable that you would never guess that he was only acting and that he didn't in fact suffer from Motor Neurone disease. He even looks astonishingly like Stephen Hawking, making the film even more like the real thing.

I laughed. I cried. I don't think I will ever be emotionally stable again after watching this movie, yet I could watch it again and again and never get sick of it. This is not my kind of movie, not in the slightest. I like cheesy rom coms starring attractive young men who spend 70% of the movie topless. But this, this was possibly the best movie I have ever had the pleasure to experience.

Click here to watch the trailer.

10 comments

  1. I need to see this so badly! It looks amazing and I love Eddie Redmanye!
    great review!
    katie x
    katie-louu.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. You definitely should, you won't regret it!
    Thanks! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to see this too, so thankyou for the review! I love films like this where you can't stop thinking about it for days after haha x


    www.alwaysalicex.blogspot.co.uk


    Enter my giveaway to win some of my winter beauty favourites!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No problem!! I can't recommend it enough x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want to see this movie! Much more so now that I've heard your raving review. Another good film I've watched recently is There Will Be Blood, it's an oldie (sort of) but a goodie!


    http://www.wordsbybduncan.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad it has made you want to go see it more! You should go as soon as you can, it's great. Oooh, never seen that one - away to google it now!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I went to see this last week and absolutely loved it! Such a beautiful, moving film and Eddie Redmayne acted amazingly! Great review :) xo

    http://emilyalicexo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought he was incredible in it! I'm still amazed by how good he was. Thank you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness, I am just like you in the sense that Rom-Coms are my movie of choice haha! But I dying to see The Theory of Everything as I think it portrays such a beautifully, touching story. Eddie Redmayne already won me over in Les Mis, and I am certain he does an even greater job in The Theory of Everything. I will definitely tweet you my thoughts when I see it haha :-)


    Emily // ahemitsemme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. It really does hit you right at the core. I've never seen Les Mis, or anything that Eddie Redmayne is in actually, but he is incredible. Oh please do, I'd love to hear what you think of it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for spending your precious time reading my rambles. Go ahead and leave me a little comment if you like and I will reply to any questions that you may have. Just make sure to check the 'Notify Me' button!


UP