Saturday, 21 February 2015

MAC Syrup Lipstick

Apologies for my lack of presence on the blogging front lately. It's been one of those weeks when I just couldn't be bothered getting round to blogging. It is just so much work! People do say a little break every now and then can do you good, and now I am back and ready to get back into the swing of things.

Oh look at that. I bought a lipstick while I was meant to be saving my money for going on holiday and moving away for university in September. A new lipstick is in the necessity category though, is't it? I'm pretty sure it does. Especially when it is from MAC.

I own one MAC lipstick already in the shade Chatterbox (review) which I won in a giveaway and decided it was time I branched out and bought one for myself. I tweeted asking for recommendations and quite a few people mentioned Creme Cup which was actually the one I planned on getting but the shop I was in didn't have it in stock and I wanted to see it in person before spending the money. But then, a beautiful muted pink caught my eye and it was love at first sight. Enter, Syrup.

Syrup is a lustre finish, so it is smooth and glossy on your lips even if they are all dry and cracked like mine are. The colour doesn't sink into the cracks and make them look really gross, like many lipsticks do for me. It is a perfect wearable every day colour with slight plummy tones, which seems to match my skin tone perfectly. Although many people hear this and associate it with autumn/winter makeup, this is such a pretty understated colour that it could be worn all year round. It's one of those your-lips-but-better you always hear bloggers going on about. The only downside to it being a lustre formula is that the colour doesn't stay put for very long, but I don't mind topping up throughout the day. It probably only lasts a couple of hours maximum so luckily this isn't something I see as a major issue.

This is definitely a shade that deserves a lot more recognition than it gets! I highly recommend it if you are looking for a new addition to your daily makeup routine.

Holly

12 comments

  1. Syrup is such a gorgeous shade and have to agree is a perfect all year round shade, great review :)

    Charlee XO | CharmedCharlee

    ReplyDelete
  2. It definitely is, can't wait to wear it in the summer too! Aww thanks :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this colour, will have to give it a swatch when I'm next at a MAC counter! I bet it's great for those minimal makeup days x


    www.alwaysalicex.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. You definitely should, it is even more gorgeous in person! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is by far my favourite lipstick, I wear it so much in Autumn/Winter but definitely think I'll be getting it out for Spring as well :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. It has definitely quickly became my favourite too, and I've only had it a few weeks! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I’m in love
    with your blog! It was so interesting to
    read your posts and also I’d like to say that you have beautiful photos!

    p.s. new
    post - how I met Victoria Beckham http://www.dianacloudlet.com/2015/02/victoria-beckham-zip-pouch-met-victoria-beckham.html



    Diana
    Cloudlet

    http://www.dianacloudlet.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the look of this shade. It looks stunning. You can never have too many nude lipsticks :)
    Elise @ Elise Dopson

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks really lovely! I do like those shades which you can just throw on and know look good without too much worrying. I still don't own any MAC shades, which is just ridiculous. I always mean to go and buy one but the shops look scary! Always either empty or completely packed. Probably just need to suck it up and buy one online. Lovely review! xx

    Jasmin Charlotte | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. So do I, I'm always in such a rush that I can't spend too long on deciding what lipstick to wear and applying it perfectly! You definitely need to remedy that soon, I only tried one for the first time a couple of months ago and now I wish I had bought one much sooner! Thanks xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for spending your precious time reading my rambles. Go ahead and leave me a little comment if you like and I will reply to any questions that you may have. Just make sure to check the 'Notify Me' button!


UP