Thursday, 5 February 2015

My First Ever Lipstick Repurchase


Now, are those not just the biggest hailstones/snowflakes you have ever seen? I can't believe the size of them. Trust me, they hurt A LOT when you are walking along outside and they start flying down from the sky. I speak through experience. I never imagined I would ever use them in a photo for my blog because it literally never snows where I live because it is so close to the coast, but wonders never cease.

Fun fact about me: I have never repurchased a lipstick (well, until now). It is just one of those things that seems to last forever, like nail polish. So, in all my years of wearing make-up, it has taken me until now to find a lipstick that I love enough to use up completely and buy another one. Enter, the Revlon Lip Butter.

Okay, fair enough, my repurchase cost me £3 on The Lovecats Inc's beauty blog sale, but I was planning on going into Boots and paying to full price for a new one (and I hardly ever pay full price for anything. Ever.) so I'm glad I spotted it on Helen's blog before I did so and saved myself a little bit of dot dash (is that a real saying for money or is it just something my dad made up?).

These lip butters are the most luxurious lip products I own, a word which is usually used to describe more high-end beauties. I have three, Berry Smoothie (my favourite, clearly), Candy Apple (a beautiful red) and Strawberry Shortcake (a blue-toned pink, although I'm not a huge fan of the colour of this one). Berry Smoothie is a clear winner in my eyes out of the ones that I own because it is my favourite colour to wear on my lips - that lovely, deep pink shade that can be worn day or night. It glides on beautifully, leaves my lips feeling so supple and smooth and has a fab lasting power. If it was a person, I would hug it.

Have you ever tried it?

Holly

5 comments

  1. They usually last me forever too, but not this one apparently! It's really lovely, especially for just everyday wear x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love this shade! I wear it quite a lot but I'm not finished it just yet. I rarely repurchase lipsticks either as they last foreeeever but I have repurchased Kate Moss for Rimmel in 19 a few times as it's my every day lipstick x

    Charlotte / coloursandcarousels

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay I'm glad you like it too! There is something about it that just makes me feel so good when I wear it. Ohh, I've never tried that one before. I may need to check it out! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never tried this lipstick range yet but heard alot about them think time to give them a try haha :) -Lotte


    www.lottebeautybox.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. You definitely should, I love it as you can probably tell! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for spending your precious time reading my rambles. Go ahead and leave me a little comment if you like and I will reply to any questions that you may have. Just make sure to check the 'Notify Me' button!


UP