Monday, 20 April 2015

20 Reasons To Celebrate Being a Girl

Look at me, posting twice in the space of a week! People really do change after all. I've actually really missed blogging this past month and, like I said in my Life Update post, I am ready to get back into the swing of things. I thought I would start off with a fun, feel good post to celebrate us females. We are the superior species after all. 

1. You can totally blame a bad day on your period, even if it is not that time of the month yet. Instant forgiveness and a 'please never bring your period up again' look from all males.

2. Similarly, it is acceptable to buy yourself a new handbag after a bad day to cheer you up. And what is a new handbag without a matching pair of shoes? And maybe a new lipstick?

3. There is no need to aim to pee. We also get to sit down and rest our legs.

4. Women statistically live longer than men (go us!)

5. We have a wide variety of wardrobe choices - skirt, dress, trousers, shorts, you name it.

6. It is acceptable to have crushes on both male and female celebrities.

7. Guy's clothes can be worn for comfort without getting a strange look.

8. There is no need to shave our faces daily (or at least I hope there is no need...).

9. Concealer can be used to cover everything, including the giant spot that appeared on your chin overnight.

10. Make-up is a life saver when you are having an ugly day. Make-up is also a life saver when you are having a half decent day.

11. Dry shampoo is always an option when you cannot be bothered washing your hair, so basically every day of the week until you work up the motivation to actually get your hair wet in the shower.

12. We give awesome advice.

13. Every single detail can be shared with friends, even the embarrassing things, so that they can laugh and cry along with you.

14. We can take pride in the fact that we have neater handwriting than males and can therefore forge notes to hand in at school that state we have a doctor's appointment at 2.15pm and should therefore be excused from class.

15. It is assumed that we are all bad drivers so it is acceptable to make plenty of mistakes and blame it on our gender.

16. We are always right, no matter what people tell us.

17. We can paint our nails, talk on the phone and make dinner all at the same time. Yep, women can indeed multi task.

18. There is a built in lie detector for me in our brains. Don't even try to tell me that you didn't eat the last bar of chocolate.

19. The current monarch is a woman. Nuff said.

20. We can write lists called '20 advantages of being a girl'. I feel like '20 advantages of being a boy' wouldn't go down as well and may be considered sexist.


Let's all celebrate our womanliness together. Woopee for being a lady!

What do you love about being a girl?

5 comments

  1. Haha this was cute to read :) One of my favourite things about being a girl is the ability to create life, I mean, that's pretty amazing if you really think about it!

    Erin | Erin and Katherine Talk Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you enjoyed it! That is really amazing, and something that I somehow missed out when I was writing this list! Maybe this post should be called 21 reasons to celebrate being a girl, haha x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha this was such a fun read!! I love number 3 and number 20! :) xo
    http://makeupisdelish.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! I think number 3 is one of my favourites too haha x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for spending your precious time reading my rambles. Go ahead and leave me a little comment if you like and I will reply to any questions that you may have. Just make sure to check the 'Notify Me' button!


UP